- I wake up at 7:30 every morning and eat breakfast with my husband. We have an hour and a half to ourselves until my first student arrives.
- I have the older student @ 9am every morning. It doesn't take too long to do everything we need to and he's usually done by 10:30.
- This gives me about 2 hours to clean the house, write in my blog, do some scrapbooking, take a shower, eat lunch and whatever else I need to do.
- The younger student gets here at about 12:30. The two of us work until about 2:30 or 3.
- After that, the rest of the day is devoted to my husband and I doing whatever we need to do.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Our Homeschool Schedule
The schedule
that we go by with our homeschooling is a bit different from the average
schedule in that the students I have aren't my own kids. During my
first year as a homeschool teacher I found that teaching two different
students of different grade levels at the same time was VERY difficult.
I would work with the younger one, then the older one. But then, the
younger one would need help so I would have to either stop what I was
doing with the older one to help the younger one, or tell the younger
one to wait. If I did the later he wouldn't have a clue what he was
learning by the time I got back to him. So...in order to avoid all of
this chaos I decided it would be so much easier for me to teach, and
both students would learn more, if I taught them at separate times
during the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment