Tuesday, September 4, 2012

That piece doesn't go there.

So today I received a call from an interview I had last week.  Once again, I didn't get the job.  I guess the puzzle piece (employment) that I thought I'd found a place for didn't quite fit and will have to go somewhere else, later.  I'm trying to look on the positive side.  At least I can still homeschool, which I LOVE doing.  Plus, if I'd gotten that job, it would have meant a 2 hour commute every dayIt's times like this when I get so confused and my emotions become jumbled (like a bunch of puzzle pieces out of place and piled into one spot).  There are pros and cons to not getting a job.  However, even though I smile sometimes and say I don't mind, I find myself questioning my abilities as a teacher and whether or not that's what God has called me to do.  Hubby is SOO encouraging, as are my friends and family.  They all tell me I'm a great teacher and that there's a job out there with my name on it.  It's the perfect job and it's exactly what God wants for me.  I know all of this.  However, none of that helps with the disappointment, or the difficulty of hearing that they decided to go with someone they thought was better than you.  The reality of it all is that we all go through it and some more than others.  I want to encourage anyone who it going through the same things I am that, some day God will put you right where he wants you to be.  Waiting is hard, but necessary if you want to live your life for God.  He will reward all your patience in the end if you put your trust in him.  There's a saying that Hubby and I use when things get difficult.  To whomever is having the difficult time we say "God will take care of it" and the other person says "He always has".  This helps us to remember that God is in control of our lives.  He is the person putting your jigsaw puzzle life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment