Friday, December 7, 2012

The Nursery

This week we got to start painting the nursery for our little blessing.  We started out with a completely white room.  It now has some color.  A light brown will be the main color of the room with accents of yellow, green, red, and a darker brown.  As you can probably tell, they're pretty much neutral colors.  This is due to the fact that we won't be finding out the gender of the baby until it makes it's debut into this world.  Here's the plan for what we want the room to look like.

We've decided to go with a Winnie the Pooh theme.  I can't decide if I want the leaves around the outline of Pooh or if I want to go with bees.  I'm rather picky about my Winnie the Pooh, however.  I told my hubby that if we were to decide on that particular theme for the nursery, I didn't want classic Pooh, baby Pooh, or pink or blue Pooh.  I want the Pooh with the neutral colors.  And I prefer just Pooh.  I don't have anything against his little friends, but I like Pooh the best and would like to have just Pooh.  Anyways, here's the room and what we started out with.  I'll post "after" pictures once we finish!


I'm sort of at a loss of what to do with the tiny window.  It's the only window in the room, so I don't want to cover it up too much so the natural light can come in.  I'm thinking of going with sheer curtains.  I'm also not sure how long to get/make them.  I considered having them go down to about halfway between the window and the outlet.  Surely that's not too long or too short.  We also decided today while painting that we will be getting rid of the closet doors (on the wall to the right) and putting up curtains instead, mainly due to the doors being the sliding ones on a track.  They keep getting stuck or jumping off the track and I don't want to have to mess with them.  Anyways, we have bought a full bed that will probably go against the wall with the window for when my parents or inlaws come to visit.  When it's not in use, I'll dress it up as a day bed.  The crib will go against the left wall in the corner you can't see.  Of course the furniture can be moved around, so it may not end up where I think it will.  It's just a matter of getting everything in there and seeing what works where.  I'll try to take an updated picture tomorrow so you can see the color of the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment